Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Home Sick

Blythe woke with a fever this morning, she looked miserable, and she said she didn't feel like going to school.  I agreed she should stay home.  I gave her some Tylenol, and she situated herself on the couch, and we planned to put in a day of lots of TV watching.  Brick was here as he is every Tuesday and Thursday, and mid-morning I had to go out and pick some tomatoes for canning.  Blythe came out with Brick and began to drive him around, and after a few minutes she said, "Mom, can Lilly come over and play?"  At that point I suggested she go in the house, get dressed, and I would take her to school.  In my mind, if she felt well enough to have someone over to play, she was well enough to be at school.  She went right in and went to school quite happily.

It was a short lived thing.  About 1:30, I got a call from Ms. Medaris telling me Blythe had crashed, her fever had returned, and she could barely keep her eyes open.  The Tylenol had worn off and she was in bad shape.  I raced over and picked her up, brought her home and ensconced her on the couch, and kept her there the rest of the day. We hope whatever she's got is of short duration.


Brick was so, so, so, so happy to have Blythe drive him around the cul-de-sac, 
and to have another little person home with him.
Even a sick one.  
Apparently I'm not nearly as much fun as another kid.

Blythe found the camera and took a few shots.
Just for fun.

Still Life with Jessie


Still Life with Skippy

No comments:

Post a Comment