Monday, September 8, 2014

Jedi Tail

For months now, Brandt has been growing his Jedi tail.  We haven't minded at all, hoping he'll get weird hair stuff out of his system while he is younger.  I braid it on Sundays, but the braid bugs him, so he hasn't let me do much with it on other days.  As is obvious from the picture, it's curly, but when it's wet, it comes half-way down his back.

Yesterday evening, Brandt told me he was ready to cut it off.  I told him we could go get haircuts today and that we could save the tail in a baggie, but then we didn't make it.  Brandt had scouts and then it was dinner time, and I told him we would have to go tomorrow.  But Brandt had it in his mind that it needed to come off today, so before he went to sleep, Brandt had Kent cut it off.  The picture below is the last moment before the cut.  Kent and I were worried that someone at school had been teasing him about it and making him feel uncomfortable about it, but he said that wasn't the case.  He was just ready for a change.  I told him he would always be my Jedi, even without a tail.  

As a postscript, we did go get haircuts the next day.



No comments:

Post a Comment