Monday, August 27, 2012

A Touch of Color

We have been in need of curtains on our back sliding glass door since we moved in.  There were vertical blinds previously, but I don't like vertical blinds, so when we were doing painting prep, I took them down and then threw them away.  As a result, our back yard neighbors have been in a position to see into our house all the time during the past eight months.

However!  I finally went looking for fabric for curtains and found pretty much what I had hoped to find.  I wanted something floral with red, yellow, green, and blue, tying in the blue of the walls in the dining area, the yellow walls in the entry way, and the red couch in the family room, and what I found met all my requirements.  Kent liked it to.  As I am not a great seamstress and wanted the curtains lined, I had the ones for the sliding glass door made.  I did make small panel curtains to go over my small windows, and I love the way they brighten up the space, and block the view of the inside of the house.  I think it gives the dining room and kitchen a finished look too.

The before pictures.
Our windows without curtains. 

And the afters. 




A close up of the fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment