Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fourth Festivities Part Three

A parade! A parade! I love a parade!  In fact, I love a parade so much, I got up at 4:45am Monday morning to go throw a blanket down along the parade route so we would have a decent seat.  There were already hundreds of people out and I was certain it would be an exercise in futility.  However, I found a nice spot under a tree right along the gutter.  The "under a tree" requirement was almost unnecessary; the weather was cool and the sky overcast.  I don't think we could have asked for better parade watching weather.

The children loved the parade!  They were excited, riveted, totally into it.  Blythe must have asked me two and a half dozen times, "Where is Cosmo?" as we waited for the BYU contingent.  The military vehicles were a hit with Brandt, as were the bands.  Blythe was so happy to finally see Cosmo (me too) as well as the large balloons.  Kent was thrilled with the F-16 fly over, and I liked the bagpipe bands most.  We were joined by Uncle Eugene, Aunt Sharae, and their crew.  It was a good time all the way around.



Looking for Cosmo

I wanted a picture of me and Blythe.
She, per normal, was non-compliant.


Blythe wanted me to put flags behind my ears and then let her take my picture.
I obliged.

Another Blythe shot, into the trees.



Brandt was very nervous anytime anyone came by dressed up.
Cosmo, for instance.
Terrifying. 
Brandt hid behind our chairs until the danger had passed.


Blythe (hiding behind the chair), Brandt and Kent, Eugene and Collin
Makenna, Blake hiding behind Luke, and Sharae

These are the kids hoping to get a high five from Cosmo.
Blythe can only barely be seen behind Blake.

Here she is again, watching Cosmo go.

No comments:

Post a Comment