Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Boating

Uncle Lee and Aunt Cammie bought a boat last week.  Yeah!  The only thing better than owning a boat?  Knowing someone else who does.  When Brandt found out that Lee had a boat, he was super excited.  I told Brandt that Lee would take us out on the boat soon, but Brandt wanted to know when.  On Wednesday or so, Brandt asked if Lee was taking a day off work, and when I said I didn't know, he said, "Let's call him."  So we did.  Lee promised that we would all go out on the boat on Saturday.

It was a long wait for Saturday to come.  But it did, finally, and we went boating.  Brandt was so excited he could hardly contain himself.  And Lee was wonderful about letting Brandt help him with anything he possibly could.  He would have even let Brandt drive the boat, but in the end, Brandt didn't want to.  He did, however, hold the orange flag, he tied us to the dock, he pulled out buoys, he was on board as we unloaded and loaded the boat, and watched very closely to every operation.

Blythe was very brave and rode on the giant tube with me as we were pulled behind the boat.  She was even braver than Brandt who would not ride, but she was not super happy once we started being pulled.  It was certainly a thrill.  It was especially thrilling when Blythe got back in the boat and Lee pulled me and Kent way faster.  I found myself shrieking and laughing simultaneously.

Unfortunately, I had forgotten to charge the camera battery, so I didn't get all the pictures I had hoped.  I told Lee we would have to go boating again so I can take more photos.





Love this picture!

This is me and Blythe being pulled behind the boat.

Our brave Blythe.


This is Kent being pulled behind the boat.

A small and daring sailor.

No comments:

Post a Comment