Tuesday, September 21, 2010

8-3000

This morning I heard Brandt awake.  I actually heard him closing his door, then I heard him in his room talking to himself.  I was glad he didn't come into our room--it meant Kent could sleep in a bit longer.  Brandt is good at entertaining himself, and this morning he was hard at work building this:
It's an 8-3000.  I know because he told me.  He showed me a couple of features of the 8-3000, but I wanted to know more, so I said, "Tell me all about this."  This was his reply, not word for word, but his own description which I wrote down as he told me.

"This is the driver spot and this is where the co-pilot sits."  The drive is the guy in the blue hat; the co-pilot in the orange hat.  "When someone gets injured, they sit here."  The "here" is behind the co-pilot.  "There is a propeller, a smoke stack, and wheels too.  These are wings," then there was a demonstration of how it flies, "and this is where people see out the window.  I'll show you how the guy gets down.  He jumps down right here, then like that."  He removed the driver from the 8-3000.  "He goes in his house and sleeps," putting the guy in his bowl of Cheerios--without milk, "then he comes back and gets in.  You've got more room up here."  This was a comment about the space where I was writing this detailed description.  I had come to the bottom of the envelope I was writing on, but there was a bit more space at the top and Brandt wanted to tell me more.  "It goes really, really fast.  It's got a hose to it that sprays out fires.  It's in there--you can't see it."  Where I can't see is under the propeller.  

"Wow!" I said.  "Does it have any other features?"
"Let me see," he said.  "It has eyes and nose and mouth."  It does have eyes, a nose, and mouth--design on the Lego's the 8-3000 was built with.

I do love our lad's imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment