Thursday, October 7, 2021

While Mikayla and Guy are Gone

Mikayla and Guy have gone to Hawaii to celebrate their 10th wedding anniversary. They have parcelled the children off with Guy's parents (Kal and the babies) and with Mom (Brick and Cora), not with me because I am working. However, when I asked Mom what I could do to help her, she said, "Can we come and have dinner with you every night? I'll help make food." I liked that idea, so this week, Mom, Brick, and Cora have had dinner with us every night. We've eaten together, then done puzzles, played games, watched short movies, and made art. It's been a delightful way to spend the evenings. I think Mikayla and Guy need to go away more often. Or I need to more regularly have small people come over to my house in the evenings to liven things up.

I've taken one sole picture of Cora to send to Mikayla. Cora drew a lovely rainbow which I sent off to her mom.



No comments:

Post a Comment