Sunday, October 3, 2021

General Conference Weekend

We’ve had a lovely conference weekend. It was spiritually uplifting, though also a bit discouraging. I come away feeling that the Lord loves me, that Christ is on my side, that good things are in store, and as Elder Dunn spoke about, if I can do nothing grand, I can at least do one percent better. Simultaneously, I feel inadequate and unable to hear the Spirit. Elder Stevenson told a story of a man who, just as dinner was ready, felt compelled to go get a lightbulb. He jumped on a bike and pedaled around a pond towards the store. He saw a toddler walking near the edge of the pond and then fall in. He leapt off the bike, jumped in the pond, found the child, and saved his life. Thinking about what would had happened had I been the man, the child would have drowned. I don’t feel like I am spiritually in a great place.

 

Apart from listening to all sessions, we did a puzzle, we ate crepes for breakfast on Sunday with Grandma Sue, Brick, and Cora, and dinner on Saturday with David and Sharon and Lee and Cammie at David and Sharon’s house. Blythe was pleased to be able to play with the cat and swing. We are always happy to be with family and to receive counsel and encouragement from our leaders.





No comments:

Post a Comment