Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Birthday Celebrating

It was my birthday today, and because turning 51 isn’t nearly as exciting as turning 50, I spent the day working. But I did celebrate a bit. Yesterday, I had a girls-night-out-dinner-and-a-movie date with Mom, Mikayla, Sharae and Makenna, and Tysen and Ava. I invited Blythe to join us, but she didn’t want to see the movie we were going to, so she didn’t come. I had to work in Saratoga Springs, far from home, and thought we wouldn’t have time to have dinner. But I met everyone in Orem at Zupa’s, and we were able to enjoy dinner and chatting until the movie started. We went to see Finding You, a fluff romance that we all liked, just because it was predictable and silly and entertaining, and we haven’t been to many movies since Covid-19 shut everything down. I was delighted to be with everyone for some pre-birthday fun.

 

Today I worked in Payson. Sharae was going to be working there this week, too, but then her schedule changed. She had told the tellers that it was my birthday, and after lunch, they had balloons and donuts for me. Mikayla sent Crumbl Cookies to share, so we had lots of treats. Kent took us all to dinner at Joe Vera’s for dinner so I didn’t have to cook.  This evening, I had a steady stream of people who stopped by with little gifts and cheerful birthday greetings. It was wonderful to visit with dear friends who kindly remembered me on my day. All my cul-de-sac neighbors made me a sweet (literally and figuratively) candy bar poster and came to sing to me. It was a lovely birthday celebration, spread over two days.



No comments:

Post a Comment