Sunday, September 30, 2018

Being Difficult

Blythe is often difficult.  Maybe even more than often.  Maybe all the time.  Brandt, on the other hand, is practically always pleasant and helpful.  Suddenly, however, this weekend, Blythe has been super coorperative, obedient, and helpful without complaint.  We've done cleaning and straightening and work, and she's been right in there, doing what I ask.  I very nearly asked her, "Who are you and what have you done with our daughter?"  In sharp contrast, Brandt has been a pill.  I've asked him to do things, and he's picked up a book, sat on the couch, and ignored me.  He's been defiant, disobedient, and indifferent, ornery and bratty.  What the Yellowstone?  I've been at a loss.  What happened to Brandt?

I've become convinced that they got together and talked, and Blythe expressed she's tired of being the bad one.  Would Brandt please take a turn?  He agreed and took over the helm, showing all the same defiance and difficultness usually characteristic of our Blythe.

This leads me to ask, Why does it have to be so difficult?  Will they ever both be good at the same time?  Will it ever be less challenging?  I suppose I should be grateful that they largely are not awful at the same time.  If that happens, Kent and I will have to flee across town to Grandma Sue's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment