Sunday, September 23, 2018

Primary Program

Today Blythe participated in the ward Primary program.  As always, it was fantastic.  The children bore sweet testimony through their parts and their singing, and they even recited a small portion of The Living Christ.  Blythe was reluctant to participate, saying she was embarrassed to stand up in front of everyone and say her part, but she did a beautiful job.  With the senior Primary girls, she sang the verses of Gethsemane, the closing song.  The singing always brings the spirit the most.  Blythe's part was,
I feel God’s love and peace when I serve others.  Once my mother invited some people for a little party.  I invited Saneh and Will Echols.  Saneh loves humming birds so I drew a picture of one for her.  I felt really happy when I gave it to her. 
I think this is very thoughtful.  Blythe was self-conscious about it, not wanting to mention Saneh by name.  She tweaked it just a bit to say, "I invited a friend and her son," without naming names.  I can't believe how big she's getting.  We only have one more Primary program with a participant, and then Blythe will be in Young Women just like Brandt is in Young Men.

We are pleased with the wonderful things the children are learning at church and the way their testimonies are growing.  It warms my heart to hear them bear testimony of Christ and his church.

And just as a side note, Barbara Christensen came up to me at the end of Relief Society and said, "I know you already know this, but Blythe is beautiful!"  I do know!


No comments:

Post a Comment