Saturday, September 8, 2018

A Scout Campout

This post should carry a subtitle: A First! Brandt went on a scout campout this weekend, and while it wasn't the first time he's been on a scout campout, it is the first time he's been on a scout campout  without Kent.  Now that he's twelve, he's in Young Men, and that means he can go off on his own, with his troop, and he doesn't need parental attendance or support.  He was super excited to go and we were super excited to have him go, and here is his report of their activities in Brandt's own words.  I'm grateful for youth leaders who shared pictures.

"We went to Goblin Valley to camp, but not in the valley, because that's illegal.  I drove down in a car with me, Paul, Jarom, Jace, Drex, and Jacob Harkness.  We drove down and after setting up camp, we went into Goblin Valley to play night games.  We played back-to-base and Alcatraz and hide-and-go-seek, all in the dark.  Brother Jensen showed us how to play Alcatraz and it's super fun.  We used flashlights and glowsticks to try and see people in the dark.  I felt like some of the boys cheated.  Otherwise, Paul and I would have won.

I slept in a tent with Paul and Will Weidner and Joey Whitney.  Joey got kicked out of the tent with other boys, so slept with us.  I slept good.  I wasn't too cold.  In the morning we had cereal for breakfast, then we packed up and went for a hike.  We went into a slot canyon, I don't remember what it was called, but it was super cool.  It went in a loop, so we went in and out through the same way.  We climbed on rocks, and had a great time."






No comments:

Post a Comment