Monday, July 2, 2018

The Distant Past

Today I was going through my email, looking for pictures that Mikayla has sent me of recent activities, and I found pictures from far distant activities.  Looking back over blogging and our family year books, I realized I did not blog about these events, and I was sad.  So I'm including them here, in the middle of 2018, even though they happened a long time ago. 

April 4, 2014
On this day, Mikayla called me up and asked if we wanted to go get a treat at a food truck called Art City Donuts.  They do small, fancy flavored donuts.  Who doesn't love a donut?  Of course I said yes.  So we went and ordered donuts called Cinnabomb, and as Mikayla pointed out, they were the bomb.  So delicious.  Delicious, but they made us thirsty.  Brandt and Blythe asked if we could stop and get some water, so we did.  On the way home, the children spilled water on each other, and then complained to me that the other had spilled on them.  They went on and on, complaining incessantly, so in frustration I said, very sarcastically I might add, "Why don't you just dump the water all over each other and get it over with?"  So they did.  Sarcasm is lost on children.  Water on bodies is no bid deal, but water all over the back seat of the car is not wonderful.  I got mad, but everyone else in the car thought it was hilarious. 




June 8, 2015
Mom opened her pool this day three years ago, and we all went swimming.  Cora was only a week old so Mikayla wasn't swimming.  She was taking pictures instead.  Here are those she sent me.  I'm happy to include these because they are pictures of me.  I have very few of those.










No comments:

Post a Comment