Saturday, March 17, 2018

Lyla Gets Baptized

Our very most favorite Lyla was baptized today.  She has been so excited to be baptized, and we've been excited to be with her.  Uncle Charles has been in town this week, and we were especially delighted that he was able to be with us.  It is the first Mormon baptism he's ever attended.  I spoke about baptism, all the cousins sang I Like to Look for Rainbows, and Steve Cox talked about the Holy Ghost.  Kent acted as one of the witnesses and participated in the setting apart.  Because it wasn't on a regular baptism Saturday, Lyla was the only one, so it was all our family and friends, so there was a sweet, intimate feeling to the whole thing.  When Christopher had said the ordinance prayer and was ready to baptize her, Lyla got very nervous and said, "No. I don't want to do it."  She didn't like everyone watching her.  But Christopher convinced her it was okay, and she let it happen.  When the bishop said, "Lyla, now that you have been baptized . . . " she held up her finger, and interrupted him saying, "I was very nervous!"  We all chuckled.  He continued, "Now you get to have a special blessing and receive the Holy Ghost."  "I don't want to have a special blessing," she replied, but she did sit in the chair and was okay.  I was very teary through the whole thing, feeling the Spirit.  I just love going to baptisms because the Spirit is always so strong, and my testimony is strengthened as I remember how blessed I am to have the Holy Ghost.  We all went to Christopher and Tysen's afterwards for lunch, and enjoyed visiting and celebrating Lyla's special day.


This isn't a brilliant picture.
Alas.

Singers Makenna, Blythe, Andrew, Crew, Griffin, Luke, Mila, Blythe, Brick, Brandt,
Collin, Donovan, Vica, Ava, Lucy, Penny, Maizie, Lyla, Clivy, Ellie, Bree, Clivy, Madi

Brick wanted to sit on my lap during the baptism, and Vica wanted to sit next to me.
And Brandt always wants in on the action.
Those are some cute faces! 



No comments:

Post a Comment