Friday, March 9, 2018

Field Trip Friday #88--A Wrinkle in Time

Months ago we saw a trailer for A Wrinkle in Time which came out today.  I remember my mother reading this book to me years and years ago, and I remembered that I liked it, but I didn't remember much else.  We saw the play at BYU several years ago, but I didn't remember much about that, either.  So when we saw the trailer, I decided that we needed to read it aloud as a family, in advance of the movie, so we could see it and all be familiar with the story.  We have been reading it over the past month or so, and we all really liked it.  Fantasy isn't always my favorite genre, but this one was fun.  It had the added benefit of having won the Newbery Medal, too.  

Today I took the kids to see the movie for Field Trip Friday.  We all liked it, but we all agreed that the book is better.  There is more of a focus on love being the power that can free us from evil and allows us to get out of ourselves and do good to those around us.  But it was a fun movie following a fun read.

No comments:

Post a Comment