Friday, January 26, 2018

Field Trip Friday #85--Ice Castle

In the company of Eugene, Sharea, Makenna, Luke, Collin, Guy, and Brick, we went to the Ice Castle in Midway this evening.  Although it has been unseasonably warm this winter, it's been cold enough to make icicles, huge towering icicles.  We went up to stomp around in the ice and snow, and embrace winter.  There were lots of slides this year, big and small, more colored lit structures than we've seen, and the temperature was 30 degrees warmer this year than last.  All in all, a plus.  Both Blythe and Brandt said how much fun they had.  The pictures tell the same story. 



 Looking down from above on a portion of the castle .
It was snowing lightly as we wandered around, giving added ambiance to the whole experience.





  The lights on this ice wall changed colors.
Oooooh!
Aaaaaah!


 The kids came down a long cave slide.  
I was standing at the bottom, hoping to get a picture of them as they shot out.
Other people were standing there too.
Their children came out and they got a shot, 
but then they didn't get out of the way so others could take a picture.
One of the women said, talking about me, "I don't think she got her picture."
Nope, you and your group took your sweet time moving. 
But I'm not bitter.
Really, I'm not.
Look at all the other darling pictures I got of my darlings.
I forgive her.
I'll never say another thing about it as long as I live.













Snowflake on the lens, in spite of my best efforts to keep it spot free.









 Blythe and Makenna threw themselves onto the ground.
In the top picture, it looks like Blythe's spirit is leaving her body, 
as if she's died of  hypothermia in the snow.
She didn't.


  


 











Ice Window


I took a picture of this woman's ridiculous footwear, 
wondering what she was thinking when she put on these boots.
Who goes clomping around in ice and snow in suede high-heeled boots with fancy tassels?
I tried to take this photo discreetly, but she turned around and looked at me as the camera made a clicking sound.
I had been casual about the picture. 
I didn't have it up to my eye, focusing on her feet.
But I will admit I turned quickly away in shame.
But not so much shame that I'm not posting the picture.
I need to repent.
Again.
Yikes!
This was apparently a judgy sort of outing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment