Friday, January 12, 2018

23 Years

Today is Kent and my anniversary.  We've been married 23 years.  So long! We've been going through a difficult patch.  Nothing that's going to break up our marriage, just issues we're still working on and behaviors that need to be modified.  I remember talking to a friend I worked with at the temple who was going to celebrate her 50th wedding anniversary.  She and her husband were still working on things, and it depressed me just a bit.  I had the idea that by the time you'd been married that long, you'd have it all figured out.  We're not there yet, not even half-way, and we're still working on our marriage.  But at least we're still working.  I'm glad Kent hasn't given up on me.

Today also marks Brandt's Eternal Day, the day he was sealed to us.  Both Brandt and Blythe feel that this day deserves celebrating.  Blythe thinks we should have cake and a party, like for a birthday.  Brandt is a bit easier to please, and his only request today was that we have french toast for breakfast.  So we did.  Here are some pictures from that day eleven years ago.  Brandt was so round!




Kent and I did sealings together last week, so when I asked what he wanted to do to celebrate, he suggested we go to dinner and then to see the M.C. Escher exhibit at BYU.  He let me choose where we went to dinner, and I opted for Indian food at Bombay House.  By the time we got there shortly after 6:00pm, there was an hour long wait and we decided we were too hungry to hang around that long.  So we opted instead for Italian at La Dolce Vita.  We had a nice time talking through some of the issues we've been struggling with, and making plans for the future.  Kent and I are committed to each other and our children, but some things need to run a bit smoother.

The Escher exhibit was very interesting.  His work is fascinating and I'm so amazed at how he can see potential objects in blank space, like in his Sky and Water piece.  While I could only see space between the birds, he saw fish.  It's just fun art and we really liked learning more about him.  On the way home, we stopped for a creme brulee at Zupa's, which we ate when we got home in the comfort of our jammies.  It was a happy day to celebate, and I'm grateful for the love Kent and I share.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment