Friday, July 28, 2017

We Will Rock You

Brandt and Blythe had their second week of day camp at the rec center this week.  It was a good time again.  This week they started their camp on Pioneer Day, and spent a lot of time in the Pioneer village with older people who showed them around, taught them pioneer games, and told them stories. 




 





 



Other activities during this We Will Rock You week included playing shoe popcorn with a parachute (I don't know what that had to do with rocks, but that's ok), they made paper mâché geodes with glitter and salt inside, and salt dough they used to make sculpture (Blythe made a cat and Brandt made a rock--a round ball of dough he painted black.).  They played rock, paper, scissors, did karaoke (singing ROCK music), and made Froot Loop necklaces which Brandt tells me were meant to be bird feeders, but I don't know why.  The culminating field trip activity was to go rock climbing at the Quarry.  Both kids thought that was the best.  They really liked climbing and I should probably take them again.  It was another fun week, though Brandt said, apart from the climbing, he was bored.  I think he's making that up.







Brandt with the photobomb!



Making dough which they used to make sculptures.






I don't know who these children are and I should probably just crop this picture.
But Blythe isn't really in focus in the background, so I'll leave it.


No comments:

Post a Comment