Friday, September 2, 2016

Storytelling Festival

This weekend is the Timpanogos Storytelling Festival.  The fifth graders got to go on a field trip yesterday morning, and I went along as a chaperone.  To save space on the bus, I got to drive Brandt up and back, which was a fun change from our regular Thursday morning routine.  We listened to three professional storytellers, and two young people who told great stories.  On teller in particular, Bil Lepp, had us laughing hysterically.  It was fun to watch the kids get into it with all the tellers.

Brandt is on the left side, first-ish row, fifth over, in the bright yellow shirt.

 
On the right is Brandt and his friend Spencer.

Today Kent and I took Brandt and Blythe up for "Bedtime Stories."  The performance was at the Timpanogos Park just into the canyon under a large tent.  We got dinner there and then got to hear three professional tellers and two young tellers.  It was an evening geared to children which started early and ended with everyone getting a donut.  It was just the right amount of time and money, and the kids really enjoyed the funny stories.  I'm confident we will go again next year, and maybe I'll remember to take a picture.  We were climbing in the car when I realized I hadn't taken a family picture next to a sign as proof that we were there.


No comments:

Post a Comment