Wednesday, September 21, 2016

An Email Missive to Charles

I have found that my emails to Uncle Charles are interesting enough that I want to keep them, and this seems like an easy enough way to do it.

Hello Nunc!
It was so great to see you.  I'm glad you made the effort to come to Utah and be with us.  We need to make the effort to come to Washington and see you.  If I can convince Kent to leave the county, and convince the children to behave, we might come.  Don't hold your breath, however.

I'm in the throes of cleaning my house.  Ah! The exciting life of a stay-at-home-mom (SAHM).  I've been going through closets and drawers and getting rid of stuff as well as doing very thorough cleaning.  I read an article just yesterday about those who have so little that the idea of simplifying and paring down are ridiculous.  We are rich--in wealth, in stuff, in blessings, in food.  I'm grateful for all that abundance, but I'd like to have just a bit less of it in the stuff department.  Not Kent so much.  Last night he proudly displayed a trumpet mouthpiece he bought at a yard sale for 25 cents.  While I recognize that 25 cents is nothing, I asked what had possessed him to buy it.  "Look how cool!" he exclaimed (or something to that effect), and then blew me a little tune, a very off key little tune.  "What will you do with this?" I asked.  "You never know when you're going to find a trumpet that's missing a mouthpiece."  True.  So if you happen to run across an incomplete trumpet, I know where you can get a mouthpiece.

The children have just returned from school.  I didn't start this missive soon enough.  Now I must go get them an after school snack.  Kent wanted me to forward you the attached link about global warming.  It's from him, not me.
Love you lots and lots!
Katherine


No comments:

Post a Comment