Friday, September 30, 2016

Not So Fun Run

Today was the annual Fun Run (or Not So Fun Run as it's known at our house).  In year's past, I have run with the kids, but this year, both of them said they didn't want me to run with them.  Blythe was going to run with Maggie and Brandt was going to run with his teacher, so I was not needed.  As a result, I took a starting line picture of each of them, then helped as a volunteer.  I stood near the beginning of the race and warned runners away from an area of reseeded grass, then took stickers at the end, so I saw both Brandt and Blythe as they ran past (I'm not sure Brandt was really running at all), then they both said hi at the end.  I like the Fun Run and hope, eventually, my kids will come to like it, too.  Brandt only has one more year.  My hope may be in vain.



Rocky, the new school mascot


Blythe on the outside edge with Maggie just in front of her.

Brandt very near the back with the slow moving folk.

No comments:

Post a Comment