Friday, September 16, 2016

Primary Program (and Practice--FTF #69)

Today was our favorite Sunday of the whole year--the Primary Program!  The children all did such a fine job.  Their singing was tremendous, their parts were sweet testimony of their belief, and they all looked so sweet, especially the Sunbeams and four year olds who sat in small chairs along the front and did goofy things like pick their noses and poke each other and wave to their parents.  Brandt and Blythe both did well in delivering their parts; they spoke clearly and could be understood.  It was wonderful and I shed a tear or two.  I tried to take an inconspicuous picture of both of them as they sang on the stand, but I was unsuccessful.  The kids got to have a popcorn party, sing their favorite songs, and watch a video slideshow of themselves during sharing time.  And before the whole thing, on Friday, they had a practice and got an ice cream sandwich as a parting treat (this week's Field Trip Friday activity).  Such a great week!  Here are the kid's parts, which they did all by themselves.  I only typed their dictated responses.

In response to the question "Valiant 9s, what are you doing to prepare to go to the temple someday?" Brandt said, "In two years I get to go to the temple.  I'm really excited.  To prepare, I was baptized, I will tell the truth, and I try to be obedient to my parents."

In response to the question "Why do you want the Holy Ghost to be your companion?" Blythe said, "When I got baptized, I felt good inside.  I knew that I was making the right choice because even though Jesus Christ was perfect, he showed us an example by getting baptized.  I felt good when I received the Holy Ghost.  I know every time I do something bad, I can repent and Heavenly Father will forgive me.  The Holy Ghost is the greatest gift that has ever been known.  I know I can do what is right and when I do what's right, I can grow closer to Heavenly Father every day."

More than one person said to me afterwards, in our other meetings, "Blythe has a lot to say."  Too true!

This is a copy of the program they handed out at church. 
All the children are pictured.
Blythe is outlined in purple, Brandt in orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment