Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Scrub Sprout Dinosaurs

Kent and I were chatting this afternoon and he said, "Brandt has scouts today?"  I responded, "Yes, but I haven't heard from Sister Hainsworth.  She usually texts a reminder."  We finished talking, I hung up, and about 20 minutes later got a text from Angela Richards who said, "Is scouts at your house today?"  

Yep!  It's the first Tuesday, so it is at our house and Kent was in charge.  I called him right back.  He said, "Oh yeah . . . it's the first.  I better come up with something."  They have been working on a dinosaur elective thing, so he came home and said, "We're going to make dinosaurs out of the contents of the recycling bin.  I hope it works."  We gathered take and scissors and got out the hot glue gun, and then when the boys arrived, told them to create a dinosaur, come up with a name, and what it ate.

The boys surprised us with really fantastic dinosaur creations.  They used all sorts of containers, were incredibly focused, work well with their partners, and seemed to have a really great time.  I went out with the camera to document their creations and have them tell me all about them.  Here are the results.
Brandt and Noa made a dinosaur they called the Enchilada.  It has rocket boosters on the bottom of its body so it can fly.

Paul and Teva created this Wheelasaurus.  Its mouth can open so wide it can see the behind itself with its one eye.  It only eats pig--it's a porkivore--and its only known enemy is the Enchilada.  

This was a T-Rex created by Brigham and Britton.  They left early and I didn't make it outside to take their picture with it.  I love its legs/feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment