Sunday, February 28, 2016

Temple Tour for Girls

This evening, Blythe and I joined the young women and activity day girls for a special tour of the new City Center Temple Bride's room.  On Sundays, the temple has been open only for this group of young women and their moms and leaders to go through the bride's room, the marriage waiting room, and a sealing room.  They have wanted girls to see how beautiful it is in the temple, how they'll be treated like a princess, and how important it is to make a temple marriage their goal.  Although Blythe is not yet eight and she really was supposed to be, she has continued to express some doubt about whether or not to she should be baptized, and I thought seeing the beautiful bride's room might inspire her a bit.

Going through was WAY busier than when we went for the regular temple tour.  The lines were like Disneyland and moving about as quickly, so we were there a long time.  But it was wonderful to be in the temple again and see the bride's room.  I included a picture of it in my other temple tour post, so I won't do so again here.  My only complaint was that they wanted it to be a silent tour which prevented Blythe from asking me questions as she had them, and then not being able to explain what she was seeing as she was seeing it.

When I asked Blythe what she felt about our tour, she said, "I felt like I should be baptized and that the Holy Ghost is true."  I hope that resolves continues until July.


Just as a funny side note, and as a true indication of our relationship, I must share.  Before going into the temple, there was a short video (wonderful!) and a couple who told the girls what it would be like to come to the temple and be married.  At one point, the sister who was talking said, "You'll come to the temple with your mother or another special woman who will help you get ready in the bride's room."  Blythe turned to me and said, "Mom, you and I do so many things together.  I think when I get marriage I want someone else to be with me.  Like Lilly (her friend)."  Of course.  We do too much together, and why would Blythe want me involved in the most important day of her life? 

Don't worry.  I'm not letting it crush my soul just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment