Sunday, February 28, 2016

Gorilla Girl


For three nights in a row, Blythe has slept on the floor in a nest of blankets, pillows, and stuffed animals.  The first night she fell asleep on the floor, when we went up to bed, Kent moved her up onto her bed.  When she woke in the morning, she was incensed.  

"Why did you put me in my bed?" she demanded of Kent.
"I was worried you weren't comfortable on the floor," he replied.
"Was I asleep?" she again demanded.
"Yes," Kent said.
"Well," she continued, "if I was asleep that must have meant I was comfortable.  Don't ever move me again!"

So we haven't.  Last night, when I tucked her in, she was on the side of her bed that doesn't have more than about two feet of space.  She was all curled up like she was cold.  I just covered her up and shoved a blanket under the bed so that she could stretch out and still be warm.  When I went in this morning, she was very happy on the floor and delighted she was half under the bed.  She must think she is a gorilla.  I think she is a silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment