Friday, August 2, 2013

Tibble Fork Canoeing

I love to canoe.  I've probably said it before, and I'll likely say it again, but I really do.  I like to be in a canoe with small people I enjoy, paddling around a beautiful lake.  Today we did that.  I had organized a group to join us, including Sharea, Makenna, Luke, and Collin, Christopher and Tysen and their kids, Tysen's sister Lacy and two of her kids, Ellie and Andrew, Mikayla and Brick, my friend Stacie Mason and her kids Ellen and Michael, and Becky and Connor Phillips who brought Porter Mitchell.  Kent and David Davies came up after a bit and then went back to work.  

We went to Tibble Fork, up American Fork Canyon this year.  The day was hot and clear but windy.  Several of us got blown to one side of the lake and then stuck.  Kent and I had our kids in a canoe and saw Sharae with Luke unable to paddle away from the shore.  We went over, I got out, pushed Kent off, and climbed in with Sharae.  We were able to get off, but then Kent got stuck.  However, we didn't let the wind ruin our fun.  It was great to be with family and friends, enjoying the great outdoors and the beauty of our state, out on the water.  

Brandt, Crew, Griffin, and Kent

Andrew and Luke in the canoe with me.

Me and Ellie

Kent, Blythe, Ellen, me, Brandt



Everyone was seriously so excited to be in the water, 
they were ready to push off without an adult to help paddle.





Blythe and Ellen

Mikayla and me

Makenna and Blythe and sifting through the dirt looking for sparkly treasures.
Those which Blythe found ended up in the bottom of my swim bag.
Don't tell, but I threw away all her bits of garbage.

Brick's shirt says,
"I just got here and I'm already AWESOME"





Christopher was splashing us.
Unfortunately, I wasn't coordinated enough to splash him back.





No comments:

Post a Comment