Saturday, August 24, 2013

Fairy Houses

I think I recently posted something else titled "Fairy Houses."  Blythe has been into fairy houses of late, making all sorts, big and small.  Last Sunday we went to a fairy birthday party for Baby Mak (Blythe's half-sister McKenna), and Blythe got to paint and decorate a house.  Aunt Georgianne recently made a fairy house and offered Blythe leftover stuff to adorn a house, so Friday we went to Hobby Lobby for a largish wooden birdhouse Blythe could paint and decorate.  She had been whining at me for over a week to get the stuff from Georgianne, and as I can only stand so much, I helped her decorate the house yesterday.

This evening I discovered our front porch has been turned into a fairy housing development.  There are four different fairy houses out there, with a lovely pebble/rock path leading from the step up to the houses.  I imagine there will be a fairy party on our porch tonight.  I bet Blythe imagines the same thing too.  If you meet a homeless fairy looking for a place to put down roots, send her our way.

Early stages of the set up.
Check out that very elaborate path!

The four fairy houses set up right next to the front door.
I hope the fairies don't try to fly in the house.

This is Blythe's heavily decorated fairy house.
She and Brandt spray painted it hot pink, 
then we hot glue gunned all the pebbles, jewels, flowers, and small insects to it.
Blythe's vision tends toward the bold.

The house behind is Georgianne's,
the one in front Blythe's from McKenna's party.

I might have posted a picture of this house before.
Inside are two beds, each with two pillows (washclothes and cotton balls),
and a dresser made from an onion soup mix box.
So many choices for neighborhood fairies.

Post posting: First thing Blythe did in the morning was rush outside (in only her underwear) to see if any fairies had taken up residence.  I wonder how long the fairy houses will need to stay on the porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment