Friday, August 4, 2023

Brandt Returns!

Brandt returned today from Ecuador! I have missed our boy. We haven't been able to communicate with him, so I haven't really known how he was doing, apart from seeing the pictures posted on Instagram. All of those looked like it was a smashing event, and I was thrilled when Brandt's cute face appeared on my feed. But I'm delighted to have him home. He regaled us with stories as we drove home, looking at his pictures, and hearing all about the funny things he and his new friends did while in Ecuador. I'm grateful that he had this experience of serving and being taught by the Spirit and seeing interesting things in other parts of the world where he has never been before. 

As I waited anxiously in the airport for him to come through the arrivals gate, I watched other people waiting for their loved ones to return, especially several families waiting for missionaries. I cried when a sister missionary walked through the door and her mother grabbed her and clung to her. I didn't know these people, but I cried. Brandt can go on a mission next year, and I will miss him desperately desperately. I clung to my boy when he walked through the arrival gate, and he's only been gone three weeks. It will be hard to have him gone next year for so long, but I know these experiences build character and give richness and meaning to life in ways that other things can't. And I won't start crying about that just yet. I'll wait until next year.





No comments:

Post a Comment