Sunday, August 27, 2023

Mission Reunion

I got lucky this week and was able to spend time with my favorite mission companion, Sandrine Bertola. Sandrine came to be my companion when another companion left the mission early shortly after a transfer. She was a mini missionary who came from Grenoble and stayed with me two months. It was seriously the best. We got along so well, worked hard, and laughed all the time. I have only seen her a couple of times since the end of my mission, and it was a pleasure and delight to be with her.

Sandrine has been staying with her sister, Elodie (also my friend), and I joined them and two elders from my mission, Matthew Snow and Rob Wardrop, for dinner and talking on Thursday. It was so good to catch up. My friendship with Sandrine is one of those that picks right back up from where we left off the last time we were together, even though years and years have passed. It was so good to connect with her again. I was fairly pleased with my French. While I can't express myself as fluidly as I would like, I was able to communicate and understood practically everything Sandrine said. Her English is terrific and she only had to ask Elodie to explain something she didn't understand once or twice. 

 

Matthew Snow, Rob Wardrop, Sandrine, Elodie, Katherine

Then this morning I met up with Sandrine and Elodie for a bike ride along the Murdoch Trail. It was beautiful and we had a wonderful visit as we rode along. It was great to be together. Seeing Sandrine again made my heart happy.

Traveling selfie!


No comments:

Post a Comment