Monday, August 14, 2023

It was Inevitable

I got a call today from Brandt, a call I have been anticipating since he got his driver's license a little over a year ago. He called to tell me he had been in a car accident. The most critical questions were, "Are you hurt? Was anybody in the car hurt? Was anybody in the other car hurt?" The answer to all of those things was no, so I didn't worry about anything else. He rear-ended another car., looking at a hot car parked across the road. I can't be mad at him, because I once rare ended a car looking at a cute boy.

Here is Brandt's version of the indicent.

So, I was dropping off friends because we went swimming at my friend's grandma's house which was fun. I was in Orem, and it is around 5:00 so it was busy on the road. I thought to myself, 'Why not go through the back roads?' So, I go, and I see a Hell Cat parked at the side of the road. I look at it and say, "That's a car I want." Then I turned back and sneezed and when I recovered from my sneeze, I saw brake lights. Then I hit the back of a 2021 F150 and totaled my car. The truck was fine, but the guy was all mad about it.

The car sat for a couple of days before Kent and I went to pick it up. He smashed the hood down a bit so that it wasn't sticking up and you could see over it, and we hoped it would make it home. Turns out, it drove for a couple more months. Brandt only drove it to Timpview and back for school, but it was enough to give us time to find another car to purchase. 

I'm glad that the call I knew was inevitable was not of dire circumstance.







No comments:

Post a Comment