Saturday, August 5, 2023

Breakfast in the Canyon

We are packing in some final summer activities before school starts. It always feels too soon, but what do you do? This morning we went to South Fork to have breakfast in the canyon because as delicious as it is at home, bacon tastes that much better when eaten in nature at a higher elevation. I can't explain it, but there it is. In addition to eating bacon, we had scrambled eggs, pancakes, sausage, fruit, juice, and chocolate milk. All yummy and especially enjoyed with family. We played some corn hole, did some "hiking," and took lots and lots and lots of pictures.

While it was a wonderful time, I was a bit sad. Before working, I would take the kids up to South Fork for a run around and lunch several times during the summer. It was always cooler up there, we could play in the water, Mikayla would come with her kids and sometimes other cousins, and we would spend a lazy late morning and early afternoon up the canyon. But now I work, so we haven't gone, except for today. Sometimes I get bitter about that. I didn't let those thoughts ruin my day; I just felt a longing for days past when my life was more my own.

And now for lots of pictures.



Brandt was playing ultimate frisbee like this.
I wasn't about to claim that zote as my own.













All the DeMartini grandchildren but two.
We are missing Ava and Isabella.





















































No comments:

Post a Comment