Saturday, August 21, 2021

Once I Was Engaged


Years ago, the girls in the family went to see the movie Once I Was a Beehive. It was set at girl's camp and we all loved it. It made us cry. Then Brandt saw it at our house, and he loved it. It has been a favorite.

This year, the follow-up, Once I Was Engaged came out. The kids have been begging me to take them to see it, and I realized that it was going to leave theaters and we would not have seen it. I like to support local and clean films with my money, so today I suggested we go. Brandt looked up times, we texted others, and met in Pleasant Grove (one of very few theaters still showing the movie) to watch. 

The film was very funny. We knew many of the actors, including Blythe's friend Margaret Clark (small tiny pancake friend) who is the daughter of Lisa Valentine Clark who stars in the movie. It was sweet and emotional and we all really liked it, even Brandt who can get in touch with his feminine side when the situation warrants.



No comments:

Post a Comment