Tuesday, August 17, 2021

A Date With Brandt

Brandt has been dying to see Ryan Reynold’s new movie Free Guy. The trailer made it look really funny, but it’s rated PG-13 and I wanted to make sure there wasn’t a huge amount of questionable material before we went to see it. Mikayla had tickets last week, so I told Brandt she could see and then let me know if it would be okay for him. Although he was at FSY all last week, he texted Mikayla repeatedly to ask if she had seen it yet. She called to tell me he is verging on the annoying. I just laughed. She called me as soon as the movie was over to let me know it was fine, and then texted Brandt. Within just a few minutes of having spoken with Mikayla, I got a text from Brandt (at FSY) saying, “When can we go to Free Guy? Don’t call because I’m in class. Just text.” As I haven’t been working on Tuesdays during the summer, I promised we could go today.

 

Neither Blythe nor Kent wanted to see the movie, so Brandt and I had a date. The movie was very funny, there were great cameos, and I was delighted to be with my boy. Because it was a date, we went for yogurt afterward. Brandt reminded me that he is only fifteen and so not old enough to date, but you can go out with your mom anytime, whatever your age.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment