Sunday, July 18, 2021

Funny Children

Brandt, in speaking to Mikayla: "You go through two bags of popcos (popsicles) a day? Can I come live with you?" As if I never buy popcos for us. Quite frankly, it's hard to keep popcos in the house because Brandt eats them all.

Brandt, in speaking about those in "Yellowstone": "When God sends them to Heck, I'll say hi for you."

Brandt: "If I die from Covid-19, that's Heavenly Father's plan for me. I don't fear death, so I won't be part of Davy Jones's crew." A seamless tie between gospel principle and pirate movie.

Blythe, trying to not swear, "Darned it to Heck." That's a ridiculous statement if I've ever heard one.

Brandt, trying to communicate with a mouth full of food: "Mrarfnumbwrufflesnort." Me: "Please don't speak with your mouth full. I just heard, 'Mrarfnumbwrufflesnort.' Brandt: "That's what I said."

Brandt, after arriving home from young men's camp: "I found a life preserver and an anchor." He proudly shows off his finds. "Now all we need is a boat."

Brandt: "Dad, can I have your cinnamon roll?" After a no, "Can I not not have your cinnamon roll?"

Brandt: "We're getting a 20 foot Christmas tree, keeping it outside, and naming it Jerry." Oddly enough, we have a super tall pine tree in our front yard that looks like a Christmas tree. Maybe we should start calling it Jerry.

Blythe, 25 July 2021: "Some people have a baby. Some people have a dog. I have a rat in two towels."

No comments:

Post a Comment