Friday, July 2, 2021

The Temple


After well over a year, Kent and I were able to attend the temple today. HOORAH!! It was beyond wonderful. We showed our recommends and walked into the waiting room and we both began to weep. A feeling of peace and warmth and joy washed over me--a feeling of God's presence and love. It felt so good after being away so long. I imagine that is how we will feel when we pass through the veil and return to God's actual presence, though perhaps even better. 

We were able to do sealings and have a bunch of Baionas linked together, parents to children. It made me so happy. I want to go back again tomorrow. 

In April's General Conference, President Eyring spoke about the temple. His talk was titled, "I Love to See the Temple." He said,
President Russell M. Nelson made clear for us that we can “see” the Savior in the temple in the sense that He becomes no longer unknown to us. President Nelson said this: “We understand Him. We comprehend His work and His glory. And we begin to feel the infinite impact of His matchless life."

If you or I should go to the temple insufficiently pure, we would not be able to see, by the power of the Holy Ghost, the spiritual teaching about the Savior that we can receive in the temple.

When we are worthy to receive such teaching, there can grow through our temple experience hope, joy, and optimism throughout our lives. That hope, joy, and optimism are available only through accepting the ordinances performed in holy temples. It is in the temple that we can receive the assurance of loving family connections that will continue after death and last for eternity.

I love to feel that I am acting as a savior on Mount Zion for departed ancestors, and know that I am participating in linking family members to each other for eternity. Again I say, it makes me so happy. 

I love to see the temple. I'm going there someday to feel the Holy Spirit, to listen and to pray. For the temple is a house of God, a place of love and beauty. I'll prepare myself while I am young (or older now); this is my sacred duty.

I love to see the temple. I'll go inside someday. I'll covenant with my Father; I'll promise to obey. For the temple is a holy place where we are sealed together. As a child of God I've learned this truth: A family is forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment