Sunday, July 11, 2021

Brandt Speaks in Church

Brandt was asked to speak in church today. He chose to talk about family. He got to speak with his former Primary teacher, Middie Magleby, who also spoke about family in a round-about sort of way as she spoke about family history. Middie really likes Brandt, and it was fun to see them both up on the stand (no picture). Brandt spoke well and confidently. Here is his talk.


Hello brothers and sisters. My name is Brandt Barrus and I chose to talk about family. In The Family: A Proclamation to the World it says “The family is ordained of God. Marriage between man and woman is essential to His eternal plan. Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ.” In the Strength for Youth in the family section, it says “Being part of a family is a great blessing. Our families can provide us with companionship and happiness, help us learn correct principles in a loving atmosphere, and help us prepare for eternal life.“

Some examples of happiness in my family are

  1.  When I was very young I was getting sealed in the Provo temple to my younger sister Blythe. In the sealing room, there was family there on both sides of the family and friends. When we came out of the temple we took family pictures. It was great to see all my family members there. 

  1.  I feel close to my family when we do wholesome recreational activities. My mom is an excellent planner. We go on hikes, trips, swimming, concerts, and plays. These activities give us shared memories and bring us closer. 

  1.  Helping neighbors as a family with yard work, moving in or out, or talking to them.

In D&C 130:2 it says “And that same sociality which exists among us here will exist among us there, only it will be coupled with eternal glory, which glory we do not now enjoy.” I would like to say that Families are important and like schools that teach us everything important and eternal. In the name of Jesus Christ amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment