Thursday, July 15, 2021

High Adventure

This week, Brandt spent a couple of days with the young men at Mirror Lake. He will sit here next to me and tell me all about it.

"Fishing is boring." Mirror Lake was cool. I made a joke of swam diving from a high cliff into the lake. No one laughed. I don't know why. The hike was awesome when we went up past Mirror Lake. I went into the water and swam around. It was really cold and I got right back out. We camped in tents. National French Fry Day was when we were there, and we had homemade french fries. I camped in a tent with Luke, Zach (Stovall), Daniel (Jensen), and Paul and we didn't stay up because Luke said he would kick us out if we didn't go to sleep. We had a potato mash thing for breakfast one day. It was weird and the potatoes weren't cooked. We saw some dead fish on the shore so we smooshed them. The leaders were mad at us, so we had a funeral for all of them.  We listened to Celine Dion, My Heart Will Go On and the bagpie version of Amazing Grace. We had stand-up paddle board races. I came in second because Zach got a headstart. I found an anchor and a life-saving device. Now all I need is an oar and a boat. We did "Lakewatch" and I talked in a deep narrator voice. We got back from the Mirror Lake hike early because people were fishing and those who weren't fishing didn't want to wait. It was lunchtime and we had only lunchmeat, not bread, no chips, no nothing else, only lunchmeat. 

And there is the report. Here are a few pictures other people took.









No comments:

Post a Comment