Wednesday, November 11, 2020

First Day at New Work

I started a new job today, working for UPS as a Personal Vehicle Driver, or PVD. I drive to the UPS hub in Orem, sort a ginormous box of parcels big and small, load up my car, deliver packages, then return to the hub and do it all over again. It is a seasonal position, just through the end of the year, and so far, on this first day, hasn't been unbearable. It's not a job that plays to my strengths, as I have wimpy upper body strength, and I'm must better at personal interactions. The parcels don't need much and I hardly talk to anyone. But it's work which means income which we need. So I'll do it through the end of the year, if my body and the car hold up.

On a funny side note, when he was little, Brandt loved "PUS" as he called it. As we drove around, he would always point out the PUS trucks and get excited if one came to our house to make a delivery. Perhaps it was destiny that I am working for them.

Fortunately, I don't have to wear the UPS browns, the full brown uniform.
I get to wear this somewhat reflective vest and regular work clothes.
It's not glamorous, but it pays decently for seasonal work.


No comments:

Post a Comment