Saturday, March 7, 2020

Goose's Baby Shower

Today, Blythe and I attended a baby shower for Aunt Alisa.  She is due to deliver a baby girl at the end of April, and we gathered with lots of other people to celebrate and shower her with gifts.  Three days ago, Grandma Dawn called and asked if we might help her with a diaper cake (a cake shaped creation made of diapers).  I just volunteered to take care of it all, and she brought up a box of diapers.  Yesterday, on the way home from work, I stopped at Target for some little baby stuff we could use to decorate the cake, and then Blythe and I put the cake together.  While I am not always very good at Pinterest type crafty creations, this one turned out quite well.  It was cute with all the stuff we attached, and looked quite darling.  It made for a nice centerpiece on the gift table.  The shower today was very nice.  We played shower games, including baby creation with modeling clay, "delivering" a baby from an ice cube, and scratching off a poopie diaper to see if you get poop (I did and won a squishy poop).  Goose got lots of nice gifts, and I hope felt loved.  We were happy to be there to support her.  We hope the baby arrives safe and sound.

 


My "baby" trying to "deliver" her baby by melting ice in her hand.

This is an exceptionally unflattering picture.
I'm "delivering" my baby orally.
That is a gross sounding sentence.

Blythe with her moms.

No comments:

Post a Comment