Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Family Pictures

Often about this time of year, I realize I want to send out a Christmas card with a family picture, and I don't have a family picture I love.  I try to take pictures throughout the year, but they don't always seem Christmas card "worthy."  Last week I asked Mikayla if she would take more formal pictures of us, and she agreed.  I bought some clothes for the kids and for me, hoping we could blend without looking like we were all matchy-matchy, and waited for the day.

Today was the day, and everyone was thrilled.

Ha!

No one was at all excited about pictures, especially Kent.  It is practically painless if people will have a good attitude, be willing to smile, and work with the photographer, but not everyone is willing to make the necessary sacrifice to have it be a good experience.

Groan.

Mikayla was incredibly patient with us, we were there all of twenty minutes, and I felt good about the end results, even though I didn't love my outfit.  I like my new skirt, but the sweater I ordered to go with it didn't work, and I struggled to find something to wear on top. Oh well.  I will order Christmas card this week.







Obviously, no one knew I was making a silly face.


Mikayla had come to the same place with Eugene and Sharae and their children
last week.  She took a darling picture of all of them poking out from behind this three-trunked tree.
My people were not into it, especially Kent.  
I was laughing so hard, I nearly peed my pants.






No comments:

Post a Comment