Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Christmas List Email Exchange

Today I received this email from Blythe.

Blythe Barrus bb039200@stu.provo.edu

Nov 27, 2018, 8:56 AM
to me
hi mom i want The Princess in Black and the Science Fair Scare

This was my response.

Katherine Barrus kdbarrus@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2018, 11:39 AM
to bb039200
Hi Blythe,
Your Christmas list seems to be growing and growing with each and every passing day.  I will certainly look at The Princess in Black and the Science Fair Scare, but maybe we could just check it out of the library.  

Here is a short list of five things that are black, in addition to the Princess.

This is a black Trek road bike.  I think if I rode this bike, I would be as fast as the wind!  
I would like one of these for Christmas.

This is a black dragonfish, an actual creature that lives in the deep ocean and can create its own light.
If I ever encountered one of these, I would swim away as fast as the wind!  
I DO NOT want one of these for Christmas.

This is a black avocado.  I think it's funny that it is black on the outside, but green on the inside.  I love to eat avocado.  When I was your age, I didn't like avocado at all.  I imagine, when you get a bit older, you'll learn to like them.  Shall I get you two or three for Christmas, just so you can practice liking them?

This is a black panther.  Isn't he handsome!  
If you'd asked me for one of these for Christmas, I would have ordered one right away!

This is black licorice.  I didn't like it when I was your age, and I still don't like it.  
Dad does, though.  He'd probably like some for Christmas.

I love you and hope you're having a great day!
Mom

For some reason, I got no further response from her.









No comments:

Post a Comment