Monday, August 14, 2017

MTC Tour

Today I took the kids to see the new MTC.  For two years they have been working on an expansion of the original MTC, with two new large buildings that contain classrooms and large meeting areas, as well as outdoor and indoor contemplation and study space.  The tour took us through the old parts of the MTC like the cafeteria, along the buildings where the dormitories are, and into the gym.  Then we got to see the new buildings which have beautiful pictures on the walls, lots of windows, and big classrooms.  It was fun to be back, to say to the children, "Here's the building where I slept," and then to see the new parts.

Even better than all that, we ran into my mission president, James Cobb, and his wife Christine.  It was so good to see them.  I loved them while I served, and felt like I was especially blessed to see them.  They live in Bountiful, so it's not like I'd have the chance to run into them around town.  It really was a pleasant surprise.  We talked for some time.

The kids liked the tour, they liked being with cousins, and when I asked if they were even more interested in going on a mission since they have seen the MTC, they responded enthusiastically, "YES!"


I'm fairly confident I have another picture almost exactly like this one,
taken at exactly this same spot,
only I'm 26 years younger and probably that many pounds lighter.

We sang, "I hope they call me on a mission, when I have grown a foot or two!"

I love this picture.  
It's very large and hanging in a hallway opposite an enormous window.
It is bathed in light.

The Cobbs and their grandson.

We are standing in front of a large picture of the Sons of Mosiah entering the land of Nephi
to begin preaching to the Lamanites.



No comments:

Post a Comment