Tuesday, August 15, 2017

First Day of School

NOOOOOOOOO!  School starts today.  While we are all happy that school is starting again, mostly because it gives our lives schedule and purpose and then children have something to do during the day other than watch TV, I am not yet ready for summer to be over.  There is more I want to do.  More swimming! More hiking! More road-tripping!  More eating of shaved ice!  But the children are ready and have been excited to get back.  We got all their school supplies on Friday, and went to back to school night yesterday to meet their teachers.  Brandt is in sixth grade and has Mrs. Neilson and Blythe is in fourth grade and has Mrs. Harrington.

They were both up early, got themselves ready, and were anxious to get out the door.  All of that is wonderful, and I will certainly enjoy having a quiet house again.  We've got short days this whole week because of SEPs, so it will probably still feel summerish.  We'll go to SEPs on Wednesday, and maybe swim on Thursday.  Friday will be our DeMartini family campout.  So all in all, I guess it can still feel a bit like summer.  Blythe made me promise that we would go get ice cream as a first day of school treat, so in company of Mikayla, Brick, Cora, and Kal who didn't get any ice cream, poor boy, we went to Baskin Robbins for a cool, sweet treat.  I hope this new year is cool and sweet for the kids.

And while I have no photographic evidence, I took advantage of the kids being back at school to go on a bike ride with Janie Rasmussen at 9:00, and then swim with Lisa Christensen at 11:00.  I had to jump out of the pool to go meet the kids.  I guess it's not all bad.

Off to sixth and fourth grade

Kent was allowed to bike with them as far as the church.
But to further!
They left him behind in their eagerness to get to school.

Post first day ice cream.
Brandt ate his so quickly it looks like he didn't get any.
He did.

No comments:

Post a Comment