Thursday, March 2, 2017

Bath Time

Brandt wanted to take a bath today after school.  He's sort of outgrown baths and mostly almost always takes showers now, but he was fairly insistent.  Why say no?  Did I care if he took a bath?  Not really.  So I said it was fine.  But, of course, as soon as I said yes, Blythe said she wanted to take a bath.  I said she could when Brandt was done.  Brandt went upstairs, I heard the water running, and then Blythe appeared again.  She said, "Brandt wants to have a bubble bath, and if he puts enough bubbles in, you know how they cover the whole top of the water?  Well, his private parts would be hidden under the water, and my private parts would be hidden under the water, so could I get in with him?"

What?!  It's been years since they had a bath together.  I told Blythe it was no longer appropriate for them to share a bath, even if private parts were covered by water.  She started to whine.  I said they could both be in the bath together if they had their swimming suits on, and she dashed upstairs delighted.  I went up to check on them almost immediately and found them both crammed in the tub (it's a stupid tub, not big enough for anything but bathing toddlers), in their swimsuits, bubbles covering the surface of the water.

They are darling and I love them.  I'm always thrilled when they get along together and play nicely.

Or in this case, bathe nicely.


No comments:

Post a Comment