Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day

Ah! Mother's Day!  As the mother at our house, I must admit that I had a delightful day.  Before I was out of bed, Brandt came in to wish me a happy mother's day and have a snuggle.  He climbed in between me and Kent and let me give him little kisses.  He wanted to give me his present (made at school), and was so excited as I opened the class cookbook and a wonderful self-portrait he did.  I'm going to frame it and hang it somewhere in the house, maybe in my bedroom and maybe by the stairs.


When Blythe woke up, she, too, came to have a snuggle, and since we have a queen size bed, it got crowded fast.  Blythe gave me her present (chocolate and a great card), then we played sardines.  The kids wanted to be in a cave, so they hunkered down at the bottom of the bed while Kent and I held the covers up, but all too quickly they poked themselves out the bottom and discombobulated the whole bed.  They are wild and wonderful and I am so happy to be their mom.  


In church, the Primary sang two songs.  The kids sang well and I tried to capture a picture, but my camera doesn't work great and we were far enough away that it didn't turn out well.  The singing, however, was great.


The children don't look super happy to be in this picture.

After church and before dinner, we drove up to the cemetery to put flowers on Merlynn's grave.  George had ordered flowers and we were the delivery team.  It was the first time we had seen the headstone, which looks really good.  It's a bummer to be without those we love, but I'm grateful to know we will be together again.  Merlynn was an excellent example of patient mothering, never losing her temper, never speaking loudly, never seeming ruffled in the face of family chaos.  She made it look easy.



This evening we had Grandma Sue and Mikayla, Guy, and Brick come over for dinner.  We had good food and good company and the kids played outside after we ate.  I am glad to have my mom, and I am grateful for the life lessons she has taught me.  She is a woman of great faith and diligence.  And I'm glad to have Mikayla close by.  Sometimes I feel like her mom and a grandma to Brick, and though I'm not, I'm glad to be able to enjoy her and them all the time.  Happy Mother's Day to us all!




Brandt took this silly picture of us while sitting on my lap making ridiculous noises.
He is a goofy boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment