Thursday, May 28, 2015

Last Day of School

Today saw the end of third and first grade for Brandt and Blythe.  The year has flown by (from my perspective), but has been really great for both kids.  They have had wonderful teachers, learned great things, and done very well.  Both received an excellent end of year report, with Brandt meeting expectations in all areas and Blythe exceeding them.  When I asked them this morning how they felt about it being the last day of school, Brandt said, "Happy and sad."  That's good.



Here is a rundown of all the things the kids liked about school, in their own words.

Blythe learned a lot.  She liked school lunch when she sometimes got it, the subtraction and plus papers she worked on, and music and PE.  She liked the field trips and class reward activities they earned for their good behavior.  She liked her classmates, a fun purse that Ms. Medaris gave her on the last day of school, and everything Ms. Medaris had her do in her private office folder.  I'm not sure Blythe could really come up with anything she didn't like.  She was always happy to go to school and I attribute that largely to Ms. Medaris who is so wonderful I wish I had a single brother I could line her up with so she could be part of our family.



Brandt said he liked recess, lunch, math, PE, and the field trip to the Scera theater to see How to Train Your Dragon 2 as part of Spirit Week.  He liked the class store, Mrs. Lee his teacher, and the class opera they wrote and performed, as well as all the music Mrs. Lee did in class.  I was grateful that Mrs. Lee was so encouraging with Brandt, and recognized what a good kid he is.  His class was so big (32 kids!) I worried he would be lost, but Mrs. Lee was great.  Brandt came home singing all the time and has made marvelous progress this year.


We are so happy that school has been good, and now we are so happy that it is over and summer vacation has arrived.  I'm going to try and help the kids be intellectually active over the break so their brains don't turn to mush.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment