Thursday, November 13, 2014

First Snow and Sweet Rolls


It snowed for the first time this year (since summer) today.  The snow didn't really stick much and was gone by the morning, but it was chilly outside and I felt like baking.  I was going to make cinnamon rolls for general conference, but it didn't happen, so I thought I'd make them today.  I used a new recipe from Cheryl Moffat (Mrs. Bigelow's class aide--we love her!); caramel cinnamon rolls.  I realized, after I got started, that it was a large recipe.  It made 48 rolls.  They were incredibly light and fluffy and I offered them to one and all on Facebook.  Here is a copy of my post:

I'm making cinnamon rolls in honor of the first snowfall. Stop by. They'll be hot in about an hour and I've made lots.

Maureen Ogles actually came by, and although they weren't baked yet, I threw a pan in the oven and she waited and chatted while they cooked.  I'm pretty sure they were worth the wait.  Yum, yum, yum.  Perhaps this will become a tradition--cinnamon rolls for the first snowfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment