Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Brick, Who Hangs Out With Me on Tuesdays and Thursdays

This semester, while Mikayla has been in school, I have watched Brick on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  I like having him around.  He is pleasant and funny, talks to me all the time (although I understand almost nothing he is saying), and is good company when I am running errands (he never complains).  It is fun to have a little person around the house, and so nice to be able to send the little person home at the end of the day.  I like him.  Actually, I love him like my own and regularly give him lots and lots of kisses, which he tolerates.  When I put him down for a nap, I always lie down next to him because he sleeps on Brandt's bed so there is nothing to keep him from getting out of bed and playing if he doesn't want to go to sleep.  I love cuddling up next to him and singing softly to him.  

I've been taking pictures of cute him.  Here are some.  He's wearing a hat I bought for Brandt when he was Brick's age, and which looks so, so, so, so, so darling on anyone.  It would probably look darling on me if I could get it on my head, which I can't.  I have great pictures of Brandt in it, and great pictures of Blythe in it, and now I have great pictures of Brick in it.



I say to Brick with some regularity,
"I'll eat you up, I love you so."
And he just giggles.


I had to go get something at my mom's house the other day, and Brick insisted that we spend some time doing the coaster.  He LOVES the coaster.  He climbed up and said, "Set, go!" without even having the coaster car.  Apparently for him, it hardly mattered.  I love the way the sun is shining off his almost bald, fuzzy head.  Isn't he yummy?!



Brick had been with me to vote.

This is a scrap Brick got on his nose when we were outside.  I was raking leaves and he was going up and down the play equipment, sliding down the slide.  I was raking near him and watching.  I didn't see it, but apparently he fell just before he started up the ladder and scraped the top of his nose.  He cried and cried, but it didn't bleed.  Only a superficial scrape.  Painful though.  He needed lots of cuddles and his bottle to chew on.

He recovered quickly, however, and we went back out where he went down the slide lots more times, then came and played in the leaves I was raking up.  He walked back and forth through them, shuffling his feet and spreading out my carefully make piles.  So helpful.  The pictures aren't wonderful; he wouldn't really hold still.  He is so busy.








No comments:

Post a Comment