Friday, November 14, 2014

Field Trip Friday #13--The Bean Museum

For Field Trip Friday today, we went to the Bean Museum.  We took Lily and Emma Bradford, mostly because Blythe wanted to have a play date with them, but I wanted to go do something, so we compromised.  We haven't been to the Bean Museum since they remodeled it, and I must say, it is lovely.  I'm certain the children did not appreciate it.  In fact, Blythe said the whole thing was "creepy."  Too many dead animals for her.  It makes her sick.  We had a good time anyway.  There is a new play area with a slide and a tunnel/cave they can crawl through, and inside there is a projected animal of some sort--a wolf or bear of wolverine.  It freaked them out.  All in all, however, I think it was a fun field trip.

Brandt with tiger and elephant tusks.

Blythe chose this spot for a picture.
She liked the little baby deer.
Lily is not in the picture because she didn't like the baby deer.

The sculptures below are outside the museum.
They captured the children's fancy.

Howling

Being threatening with a knife.

Looking so cute.

 
Lily and Emma


Brandt, the girls, and a wolf.




That is a cute face, and I don't mean the warthog.

Brandt took this picture of me with the warthog.
When I was growing up, my dad would tease me by calling me Warty the warthog.
It bugged me.
Now, I'd like him to be around again, calling me whatever he wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment