Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The First Snow

Today it snowed all day long.  When I got up to go exercise at 5:20, it was snowing.  At 5:30 this evening, it stopped snowing for a brief moment, a short pause as though to catch breath, and then it started again.  I went out to shovel at 7:15 and it was still snowing.  Somewhat pointless, I know, to shovel when it is still snowing, but I needed to get the majority of it off before the morning walk to school.

I couldn't believe how much fell.  Everything was covered with what seemed like eight inches of snow.  I'm not sure the official total, but it was deep at our house.  As I made dinner, the children bundled up and went out to stomp around the back yard.  Here are a couple of shots.

Blythe is without snow pants or hat. 
She did not last as long as Brandt.

Shoveling the back grass.
Check out the top of that bucket!
Easily 8 inches.

I'm not sure what Brandt was doing down in the snow.
He must have been working hard though, because snow has been cleared off the chair, table, and part of the deck.
Both kids had lots of chilly fun playing in all the white stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment